My Favorite Recipes
We are adding more recipes on a regular basis
Chicken and Broccoli with Mushroom Sauce
Makes 4 servings
1 (10-ounce) box frozen broccoli
2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup homemade chicken broth
1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, with liquid
2 cups (1 lb) cooked chicken, sliced
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
1. Cook broccoli according to package directions.
2. Mix margarine and flour together in saucepan. Cook briefly over medium heat. Blend in chicken broth, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. Sauce may be made in the microwave oven by combining ingredients and cooking on HIGH until thickened, stirring two or three times.
3. Stir in mushrooms and their liquid. Season to taste.
4. Place broccoli pieces in shallow pan.
5. Cover with sliced chicken and pour mushroom sauce over all.
6. Top with parsley and bread crumbs.
7. Bake at 375 for 15-25 minutes or until bubbly and brown on top.
Oven Fried Sesame Chicken
Makes 4 servings
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/2 cup crackers crumbs
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 egg large
2 tablespoons water
1/8 teaspoon salt
Dash black pepper
4 chicken drumsticks and thighs (about 2 1/2 lb. total)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a small skillet over medium-high heat, cook sesame seeds until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a shallow dish, mix cracker crumbs, sesame seeds, tarragon, garlic salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
4. In a second shallow dish, beat egg, water, salt, and dash of pepper; set aside.
5. Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry. Remove skin if desired. Dip each piece in egg mixture, then in cracker crumb mixture, turning to coat evenly. Place in an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Drizzle oil over chicken.
6. Bake 1 hour or until chicken is no longer pink along bone and juices run clear.
Pork Chops with Rice
Makes 8 servings
8 boneless pork chops 3/4? thick
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
1/2 cup water
1 small onion chopped
1 10-ounce package frozen green peas
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil; remove. Drain. Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet. Place pork chops over the rice mixture.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
Chicken and Dumplings
6 pieces chicken breast, no skin, no bone
5 cups chicken broth from boiled chicken
21 1/2 ounces cream of chicken soup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
16 pieces biscuit, canned
Boil the chicken in 8 cups of water. When boiled, tear into bite size piece, save 5 cups of broth. Keep chicken and broth in the pot.
Stir in cream of chicken soup, bring to a boil. Keep stirring, or the chicken will settle on bottom and burn. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Reduce heat to low, tear biscuits into quarter pieces, drop in biscuits (dumplins).
Cook uncovered over low heat for 10 minutes, then cook cover for an additional 10 minutes. Test the dumplins with a toothpick, dumplins are done when toothpick comes out clean.
Herbed Chicken Breast
Makes 6 servings
3 chicken breasts halved
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 cup margarine
1 10 1/2-ounce can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup vermouth
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 5-ounce can water chestnuts sliced, drained
1/4 pound mushrooms fresh, thinly sliced
1/4 cup onions minced
1/4 cup green bell peppers minced
1/2 teaspoon thyme dried, crushed
Skin chicken breasts; lightly salt and pepper.
In a skillet, brown chicken in margarine; remove to a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
To drippings in skillet, add soup, vermouth, and chicken stock; cook, stirring, until smooth. Add water chestnuts, mushrooms, onion, green pepper, and thyme. Bring to boil; pour over chicken and cover with foil.
Bake in a preheated 350° F oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer.
Serve with hot rice.
Bacon Cheddar Chicken Patties
Makes 4 servings
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
8 strips bacon
1 small red onion, sliced
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Place 1 chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Working from center, gently pound chicken with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4-inch thick; remove wrap. Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves.
2. In large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
3. Add onion to drippings; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until tender. Remove onion from skillet. Add chicken to skillet; cook 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear.
4. Place chicken on cookie sheet and drape with bacon and cover with onion and cheese. Broil for 4 to 6 minutes until cheese is melted.
Makes 10 servings
3 pounds ground beef
2 onions medium, chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
2 1/2 cups tomato juice
1 16-ounce can tomatoes whole, cut up and liquid reserved
2 8-ounce cans tomato sauce
1/4 cup chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons oregano dried leaves
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin ground
2 15-ounce cans chili beans chili beans in gravy
In a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook and stir beef, onions, and garlic until meat is brown and onions are tender; drain off fat.
Stir in tomato juice, tomatoes with liquid, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, oregano, and cumin. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Stir in beans; simmer 1 hour longer.
Some of Our International Viewers
Afganistan ~ Africa ~ Argentina ~ Australia ~ Belgium ~ Brazil ~ Cayman Islands ~ Canada
Chile ~ Cote D'ivoire ~ Czech Republic ~ Denmark ~ Dubai ~ Eqypt ~ England ~ France ~ Hong Kong
Finland ~ Germany ~ Guyana ~ Hong Kong ~ India ~ Ireland ~ Israel ~ Italy ~ Korea ~ Kuwait ~ Lebanon
Malaysia ~ Mexico ~ Nepal ~ Norway ~ Peru ~ Philippines ~ Latvia ~ Manila ~ Netherlands ~ New Zealand
Pakistan ~ Poland ~ Rebublic of Korea ~ Romania ~ Russia ~ Singapore ~ Slovakia ~ So. Estonia
Sri Lanka ~ Swaziland ~ Sweden ~ Taiwan ~ Tobago ~ Trinidad ~ Turkey ~ Ukraine
United Arab Emirates ~ United Kingdom ~ Uruguay